суббота, 19 сентября 2026 г.

Wisdom for my latter days


 "Listen to counsel and accept discipline, that you may be wise in your latter days. "- Proverbs 19:20

No one becomes wise in old age automatically. To be wise in old age, one must be willing to listen to counsel and discipline in youth. Counsel and discipline must be heard from God-fearing, godly people who love God's Word and obey it. If, by God's mercy, I reach old age, I want to be a sweet and wise older woman who teaches young girls to resemble the heroine of Proverbs 31, helps them keep their hearts with all diligence. I will tell unmarried girls my famous phrase: "While there is no ring on your finger, put a lock on your heart." To young married women, I will give right counsel according to Titus 2:4,5. And if the Lord returns soon, or if I don't live to old age, even so, I want to grow in wisdom. Therefore, let me willingly listen to counsel and discipline from God-fearing brothers and sisters, listen to sermons based on God's Word that bring edification, and study the Book of Proverbs.
The increase of wisdom affects the spiritual life: when wisdom increases, so does love for God, thirst for God's Word, hatred for sin, longing for holiness, love for God's children, and strength in the battle against sin. Prayer increases, deeds pleasing to the Lord increase, and efforts in service increase.
So let me grow in wisdom every day.

From my diary

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий