суббота, 31 августа 2024 г.

Remember me, o God


“Remember me, O my God, for good! ” — Nehemiah 13:31


The book of Nehemiah begins with his prayers in the very first chapter, and in the last verse of the book, we find this short and simple prayer. Nehemiah understands that it is not important for people to remember him, but for God to do so. Even if people remember, they are not always able to help; they are often far away, and sometimes nothing depends on them. But our Lord is always near and always able to do everything. Therefore, Nehemiah's prayer is the prayer of all God's children:

Lord, remember my troubles, which are many, because You care for me.
Lord, remember my fears, for they are many, for You can dispel them in Your presence.
Lord, remember my weaknesses and strengthen me with Your Word.
Lord, remember my doubts and strengthen my faith with Your Word.
Lord, remember my longings, for I long to receive what You are willing to give: perfect sanctification.


From my diary,

August 31, 2024

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий