среда, 25 января 2023 г.

The Lord will withhold no good thing

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11

Here is the wonderful promise: the Lord will withhold no good thing.

 Here is the condition of receiving that promise: walking uprightly.

It is not written that the Lord will withhold  "no pleasant thing", or "no desired thing’’, but "no good thing".

God gives me what He sees as good, not the things that I see as good.  Just because I think something is good doesn't mean it is good. There are things that I know are good, therefore  the Lord will surely give. If I  ask for sanctification, victory over sin, the fruit of the Spirit, understanding of God's Word,  peace, wisdom, the Lord will surely give them. I just need to walk uprightly and trust  in Him who withholds no good thing from those who walk uprightly.

From my diary,

January 25, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий