среда, 12 апреля 2023 г.

White garments are for overcomers


 

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5

 As I read this verse, I was reminded that there is something else to wear before putting on white garments that the Lord promised to overcomers. I can’t wear white garments without wearing it. It is the armor of God. White garments are promised only to the overcomers and victory is not possible without the armor of God.

I cannot put on the garment of righteousness unless I have first put on the breastplate of righteousness. There are various promises in the letters to the seven churches in Revelation, but the condition for receiving them is one: we must overcome.

Those who have put on the armor of God and followed Him in the spiritual battle will walk with the Lord in white garments. Do I want to be among those dressed in white?  Then  I should  stay in military line-up.

I must overcome because I want to be clothed in fine linen of righteousness.

  From my diary,

April 12, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий