воскресенье, 13 августа 2023 г.

Don’t follow your heart: follow God's will, be holy


 "Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." – Ephesians 5:17

Because I understand the folly of following my heart, I have resolved to consistently dismiss its promptings. Instead, I will wholeheartedly follow the will of God.
God's Word clearly states that His will is for us to live in holiness: "For this is the will of God, your sanctification." (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
Hence, whenever my heart suggests actions contrary to my journey towards holiness, I am determined not to heed its whispers. I will steadfastly adhere to God's will, striving day by day to progress in sanctification.
May I always remember that during our earthly life we are in a constant battle. It will never be easy, so my watchfulness must be round the clock, my prayers must be constant, and my hatred of sin must be as strong as my longing for holiness.
To be holy, it is necessary to keep the Word of God in the heart. (John 17:17, Psalm 119:11). So when my heart tells me not to read God's Word because I am tired, I shall defy its suggestion and instead follow God's will by meditating on His Word daily.
The pursuit of holiness demands dedicated effort. "Therefore, beloved, while you anticipate these things, make every effort to be found at peace—spotless and blameless in His sight." (2 Peter 3:14)
Hence, if my heart belittles the value of effort, I shall heed God's Word and engage in the battle against laziness.
Growing closer to God and becoming more holy requires praying regularly. Even if my heart tries to stop me from praying because I'm not feeling like it at the moment, I won't listen to that feeling. I'll pay attention to what God's Word says about always praying and I'll quickly kneel down to pray.
Until the end of my days, my heart will persist in proposing misguided paths. It is my commitment to consistently reject these suggestions, choosing to align with God's will.

Topical meditation 2023

August 13

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий