вторник, 1 августа 2023 г.

There is none upon earth that I desire besides You


 "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You." (Psalm 73:25)

If a Christian cannot honestly say these words of Asaph, then there is an idol in his life. So, there is something that is more important to him, or a person who is more precious to him, and he is seeking joy in other places. Thus, he has not realized that he has everything in Jesus.
I want to search my heart to see if there are any hidden idols that have secretly taken up residence in the temple of God.
I want to not only say these words of Asaph but also live them.
Jesus, I long only for You; there is no one who understands me like You, no one who loves me like You. I have no greater joy than Your mercy; there is no conversation more pleasant than talking with You. There is no one I can rely on but You; I find peace only in You. I have only You in heaven; I desire only You on earth.

From my diary,

August 1, 2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий