пятница, 4 августа 2023 г.

My strong tower


 

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe." (Proverbs 18:10)

How comforting it is to have a place to run and hide,

An escape from worries, fears, dangers, and temptation's tide.

 In sadness or loneliness, I find a strong tower to abide,

Where safety and security in His presence reside.

No preparation needed to enter this blessed space,

No reception hours, no restrictions in this hiding-place,  

I can run at any time and find my solace,

For in this refuge, the enemy has no place.

Within these walls, my fears are cast away,

Temptations lose their power, no longer I sway.

I repeat the psalmist's words, and I joyfully say,

"The Lord is my high tower," my fortress each day.

In this strong tower safely I stand,

Protected and shielded by His mighty hand,

In this safe refuge I will always  dwell,

The peace I find here, words can never tell.  

So, I'll run to this refuge, a sanctuary so pure,

Where His name is my comfort, my shield, and my cure.

The name of the LORD, a strong tower sure,

My safe haven, my peace, forever secure.


August 4, 2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий