среда, 9 августа 2023 г.

Don't follow your heart: trust in the Lord


 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." – Proverbs 3:5

Perhaps every Christian has memorized this verse; many sermons have been preached on it, and many songs have been inspired by it. Yet, few actually follow what's written in this verse. I want to genuinely obey the commandment of this verse from now on – to trust in the Lord with all my heart and refrain from relying on my own understanding.
If I trust the Lord with all my heart, I won't rely on my understanding, nor will I attempt to solve problems on my own. By doing so, I will be free from numerous worries and anxieties.
Having trusted the Lord for deliverance from sin and eternal life without being disappointed, why should I hesitate to trust Him for smaller matters?
I stand before a choice: whether to trust my Lord, who has proven His reliability and never let me down, or to trust my understanding, which has consistently failed me.
Here are the candidates for recipient of my unwavering trust:
The Trustworthy Lord.
My Unreliable Understanding.
Without a doubt, I choose to place my trust in the Lord.
So, I am resolved not to forget this important lesson from now on because I know the answers to these questions:
Whom should I trust? My Lord!
When should I trust Him? Always!
In which matters? All matters, without exception!
Why should I trust? Because He is worthy of trust. I can entrust all my concerns and burdens to Him because He is Omniscient – He knows how to resolve my problems; He is Almighty – capable of solving them; He loves me – therefore, He desires to solve them.
As for what I shouldn't trust – it's my own understanding!
Why? Because my understanding is flawed and mistaken. I have learned through experience that it has always caused problems for me.
Hripsime, remember to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Topical meditation 2023

August 9

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий