понедельник, 4 марта 2024 г.

God's Thoughts and Ways Above Ours: Elijah's thought and God's answer


 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8,9)

God's ways and thoughts are higher than our ways and our thoughts. His plans are always wise and perfect. This week, I want to recall examples from the Bible that support that truth.

Human thought: "I am the only one left…" (1 Kings 19:14)
God’s thought: "Nevertheless, I have reserved seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him." (1 Kings 19:18)
In despair, Elijah thought that he was the only one left who was zealous for God, that he was the only one among those who remained faithful to the Lord. The Lord said that he reserved seven thousand people in Israel, who did not bow down to Baal, did not serve idols.
Many Christians have experienced Elijah's feeling of loneliness and said desperate words like him. "I am the only one left who believes in the pure scriptural teaching, in my school, in my town I am the only one who follows the Bible." But it is not so; the Lord has people everywhere who are faithful to the Word of God.
I'm not the only one left.

Topical meditation 2024

March 4

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий