вторник, 5 марта 2024 г.

God's Thoughts and Ways Above Ours: God's way and Naaman's angry response


 God’s way: “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh will be restored to you, and you will be clean.” (2 Kings 5:10)

Human thought: “I thought that he would surely come out, stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and wave his hand over the spot to cure my leprosy.” (2 Kings 5:11)
Obedience to God's Word is hindered by preconceived opinions, conclusions drawn from one's own imagination. Naaman was angry when the prophet Elisha told him to wash seven times in the Jordan because he had imagined in advance how Elisha would heal him. Pride puts one's own opinion above God's Word. God doesn't work the way we think. If His assignment is very easy and simple, we should not think that it is ineffective.
If I pray about a problem, I should not prefigure how God is going to solve that problem. Let me not say, "I thought," because God's ways are higher than my ways.

Topical meditation 2024
March 5

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий