четверг, 16 февраля 2023 г.

But at Your Word

 

But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” Luke 5:5

Laziness was not the reason for the lack of results. Work had been done, effort had been made, and that too without pause, all night long. There was effort, there was no result. But Jesus did not tell them to stop working because there was no result, nor did He promise to give them fish without working, but He commanded them to continue working, but in the place He showed them.

Peter did not say, "Lord, I have a lot of experience, I'm a skilled fisherman, it doesn't make sense, because we worked so hard, there was no result." He admitted that his efforts were in vain, but he willingly accepted the solution Jesus offered. Obedience to the Word of Jesus always produces results. Peter said: "At Your Word", acted by His Word and saw the power of His Word.

All the characters in the Bible saw the effect of acting on His Word. At His Word Noah built the ark and his whole family was saved, at His Word Moses streched out his hand and they crossed the Red Sea, at His Word the people of God marched around Jericho and its walls fell down.

When my efforts are in vain, I should not stop trying, but continue working by His Word. Even if I said, "Lord, I made a lot of effort, I prayed a lot, but nothing worked", now let me say like Peter; "But at Your Word I will do it."

There is no one who follows His Word and is disappointed.

From my diary,

February 15, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий