вторник, 7 февраля 2023 г.

Love and delight


 

And I will delight myself in Your commandments, which I love. Psalm 119:47

If you love something, you delight in it.

A sure sign that you love God's Word is that you delight in it.

The psalmist delights in God's Word, that is why God's Word is sweeter than honey to him.

How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103

He delights in the Word of God, therefore he cannot forget it.

I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word. Psalm 119:16

You will not forget something you love, something you delight in.

He prays to see  the wonders of God's Word.

Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18

He prays that he may walk in the path of God's commandments because he delights in it.

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it. Psalm 119:35

He prays that  the tender mercies of God come to him,  and for this prayer he has the right argument: ‘’For Your law is my delight’’. Psalm 119:77

He is not perished in his  affliction, because he has a source of comfort, because God’s law has been his delight.

Unless Your law had been my delight,
I would then have perished in my affliction. Psalm 119:92

 He delights in God’s Word, therefore His commandments are precious to him, more than fine gold. (Psalm 119:127).

If I love God’s Word, I will delight in it.

 If I delight in it, I will pray to see its wondrous things, I will not forget it, I will find comfort in it, I will long to walk in it.

From my diary,

February 7, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий