пятница, 24 февраля 2023 г.

Pilgrim's war against fleshly lusts


 

Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul. 1 Peter 2:11

If my citizenship is in heaven, then I am a sojourner and a pilgrim on earth. If I am a pilgrim, the fleshly lusts of the world war against my soul.

As long as I am a sojourner, and have not reached the city of which I am a citizen, I have a battle to fight.

Fleshly lusts should be fought immediately; even a little delay leads to defeat, I have to fight intensely; compromise leads to defeat, I  have to fight constantly; the truce leads to defeat.

I am a stranger to this world, a pilgrim, so I want to fight with all my might against the fleshly lusts.

From my diary,

February 24, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий