четверг, 9 февраля 2023 г.

Love for God's Word and purity


 

Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. - Psalm 119:140

 Once  a dear sister told me that her husband, a pastor, had read a passage from Psalm 119  at the meeting. She told me, "When he read that Psalm, I  remembered you right away".  I know that many believers know me as someone who loves the  Psalm 119. But the most important thing is for the Lord to recognize me as a lover of His Word described in that psalm.

The psalmist loves the Word of God and knows why he loves it. God’s  Word is pure and has cleansing power. The sinners who grieve for their sins love  the Word of God because they long  to be cleansed by that pure, cleansing Word. Those who are purified by the Word of God love God’s Word, because the pure love what is pure. They hate everything that is contrary to that Word, they desire to live in that Word, they strive to live in accordance with that Word;  in holiness.

From my diary,

February 8, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий