пятница, 17 марта 2023 г.

God's statutes - my song

Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. Psalm 119:54

David lives in the house of pilgrimage. This house is not permanent, it is temporary, it is not in his native country. He is a stranger on earth like all God's children. But he sings. The subject of his songs is God's Word; His commandments, His statutes, His promises. Every person who loves the Word of God, and rejoices in God’s Word, sings about it. The Word of God, that is kept in the heart as a treausure will become a song in the mouth. The Bible is also a hymn book for me. In that hymnal, there are songs telling about God's power, mercy, works, miracles, there are songs of praise, songs of victory.
Everything that God teaches me becomes subject of a song.

From my diary,

March 17, 2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий