четверг, 16 марта 2023 г.

Praising the Lord in the right way, in the right place



 



Praise the LORD! I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation. Psalm 111:1

In this verse there is the person I love the most: my  Lord, 

My favorite activity:  praising my Lord

The right way to praise Him:   wholeheartedly

My favorite place to praise Him: assembly of the upright

If the praise is not wholehearted, then it is not the right way to praise. If the meeting is not an assembly of the upright, then it is not the right place to praise.

The meeting is an assembly of the upright, where everyone has one heart, one soul, and the same goal: to learn God's Word, to be renewed by God's Word, and to praise Him.

In the assembly of the upright  there are no negative emotions towards each other. In that assembly, the prayer is a conversation with God, not a string of memorized words. In that assembly, preachers preach the pure Word of God, not their own thoughts. Listeners listen to the sermon with a longing for God's Word, they don’t scroll on Facebook.

I want an upright heart within me, the presence of the upright around me, and most importantly, the presence of God so that my praise may please God.


From my diary,

March 16, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий