вторник, 14 марта 2023 г.

Invitation to exchange burdens


 

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke  is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

 Jesus invites the burdened to exchange burdens;  to give Him our heavy burdens and take His light burden. Our burden is the burden of sin, the burden of self-righteousness, the burden of worries. It is a heavy burden, and He has not commanded us to carry it, but to exchange it for the light burden He has given us.

His burden is service, denial of self, killing sin, walking in holiness, being patient in tribulations, remaining faithful. It is a light burden because His love gives strength to bear it.

From my diary,

March 14, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий