суббота, 10 февраля 2024 г.

In the Heart of the Psalmist: A Heart That Is Humble and Peaceful

 

"My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty. I do not aspire to great things or matters too lofty for me. Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me." - Psalm 131:1-2

Blessed is the quietness that comes from humility. To have a peaceful state of mind, one must have humility in the heart. The psalmist has a humble heart, and because of it, he has peace.

A humble person has peace because:

1. He does not aspire to great things. He is satisfied with what he has; he has a satisfied heart.

2. He does not envy.

3. He does not seek to be the center of attention.

4. He does not care what others think of him.

5. He does not seek praises.

6. He seeks the benefit of others.

7. He desires to please the Lord.

8. He knows about his weaknesses, so he asks the Lord for strength; he relies on Him.

9. He is forgiving.

10. He accepts rebuke and correction.

11. He does not try to surpass everyone in all areas.

Because of all this, there is no anxiety or worry in his heart, unlike the proud, who seek great things and get angry when they do not get them, worry about what people think of them, and lose their peace in case of negative opinions, envy others, and envy takes away peace; they look for praises and get angry when they don't get them. The proud do not forgive, and the feeling of revenge does not let them live in peace. The proud do not accept rebuke and are offended. They strive to be the first in everything, and if someone surpasses them, they get angry. They are self-confident, overestimate their abilities, and as a result, experience disappointment. The Lord Himself opposes the proud, but the Lord gives grace to the humble.

The one whose eyes are not haughty the Lord looks down on him with favor. He who does not seek high things receives grace from the Most High.

If I want quietness and peace in my heart, I must ask the Lord for humility.

Topical meditation 2024

February 10

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий