среда, 17 апреля 2024 г.

The Importance of Seeking God's Counsel


 "Then the men of Israel took some of their provisions; but they did not ask counsel of the LORD." - Joshua 9:14

When you believe what you see with your eyes and do not ask counsel of the Lord, there is a danger that you will turn the enemy into an ally. There is a danger of tolerating those whom you should oppose, of cooperating with those whom you should reject; there is a danger of mistaking evil for good, darkness for light.
The men of Israel looked at the false evidence brought by the Gibeonites: the moldy and dry bread, the torn wineskins, the worn and old clothes, and believing them, made a covenant with them without asking the Lord. After a few days, they found out that they were deceived. They should have asked the Lord, not been guided by what they saw.
I have often been guided by what I saw, what I understood, and felt, and I did not ask the Lord. When you do not ask the Lord, you are deceived by people.
I will always ask counsel of the Lord so that I don't give the "Gibeonites" a place in my life."

From my diary,

April 17, 2024

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий