воскресенье, 14 апреля 2024 г.

Crossing the Jordan: A Sign of God's Deliverance

 


"And Joshua said, 'By this you will know that the living God is among you, and that He will assuredly drive out from you the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Hivite, the Perizzite, the Girgashite, the Amorite, and the Jebusite.'" - Joshua 3:10

The miracle of crossing the Jordan on dry land would serve as proof that God was with His people and would also remove other obstacles from their path, driving out the enemies—the seven nations of Canaan. This miracle would instill belief in new victories. Joshua commands God's people to listen to God's Word and be encouraged by the miracle. Although their fathers had crossed the Red Sea on dry land, they still doubted and asked, "Is the Lord among us?" (Exodus 17:7). However, they needed to be certain that the Lord was among them, present.
They were to be confident that the Lord would remove the seven enemy nations. As the Red Sea saw and fled, and the Jordan turned back (Psalm 114:3), so would the enemies flee and turn back. Surely they would flee, for the living God goes before His people.
God does not leave His work unfinished. He will complete the good work He started in us (Philippians 1:6).
If I have witnessed God's miracle at least once in my life, if I have seen how He removes obstacles from my path, then I should never doubt or ask, "Is the Lord with me?" I know that there will be more enemies on my way, but the Lord will drive them all out.

From my diary,

April 14, 2024


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий