понедельник, 1 апреля 2024 г.

Meditations on Lest Verses: Lest We Drift Away


"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away." - Hebrews 2:1
Whenever I encounter the word "lest" in the Bible, it serves as a warning, urging me to be vigilant against undesirable outcomes. Therefore, I must take measures to prevent them.
In Hebrews 2:1, the peril is drifting away from God. The antidote lies in giving earnest attention to the Word of God. I don't want to drift away from God. So, what should I do?
I must accept God's Word with unwavering faith, not with doubt; with a willingness to be corrected, not with hardness of heart; with enthusiasm, not with indifference; whole-heartedly, not half-heartedly; with a readiness to obey immediately, not to delay. I should treasure the Word of God in my heart, never forgetting its teachings.

Topical meditation 2024

April 1

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий