среда, 17 мая 2023 г.

God's promises inspire prayer



 

… therefore hath Thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto Thee. 2 Samuel 7:27

Prayer must be in the heart before it comes to the lips. If there is no prayer in the heart, the  prayer on the lips will not reach heaven. And prayer comes  into  the heart when there is  the promise of God and our trust in the promise. If I know that the Lord has promised forgiveness of sins to those who repent of their sins, I will pray for forgiveness. We must take the promise and go to the throne of grace and ask for the fulfillment of the promise. He who prays invoking God's promise thus demonstrates confidence in God's faithfulness. A person who believes in God's promise says like David. "You promised, that's why I pray."

For there to be prayer in the heart, the heart must be free from sin, unbelief, pride, and filled with the Word of God, the knowledge of God's promises. It is not possible for the heart to be filled with the Word of God and not have prayer in it.

So let me empty my heart of all the unnecessary things and let the the Word of God dwell in my heart. Then I will find a prayer in my heart that can be offered to God. The author of that prayer will be the Word of God, therefore it will surely be answered.

From my diary,

May 17, 2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий