пятница, 5 мая 2023 г.

Psalmist’s battles and God’s victory: Lest the devil rejoice


 

Topical meditation:

 Psalmist’s battles and God’s victory

Day 5

Lest my enemy say, “I have overcome him,” lest my adversaries rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. Psalm 13:4, 5

My God, in You I trust, do not let me be ashamed; do not let my enemies rejoice over me. Psalm 25:2

How many times have I allowed my enemy, the devil, to say: "I have overcome her." I must never let this happen again. I must always be careful and awake, lest sin overcome me, laziness overcome me, indifference overcome me. Lest the devil rejoice in turning me away from the Lord.

To prevent this from happening I will not trust myself, I will  trust in the lovingkindness of the Lord.

If I put my hope in the Lord's mercy, my heart will certainly rejoice in the Lord's salvation, and the devil will have no reason to rejoice.

When I rely on myself, failure is inevitable, and then the one who rejoices will not be me, but the devil.

I will rely only on the Lord's lovingkindness.

When you trust  in the Lord, you will have no reason to be ashamed, the devil and his children will have no reason to mock.

I trust the Lord to make progress in sanctification, so that the devil will not have a reason to be happy because of me.

Topical meditation 2023

May 5

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий