воскресенье, 26 мая 2024 г.

My teachers of singing


 

By them the birds of the heavens have their home; They sing among the branches .” - Psalm 104:12

In this psalm, with its beautiful depiction of nature, I found "teachers" for myself: the birds perched on the branches and singing. There is lesson to be learned from them. Birds sing even in the harsh cold of winter, when the world is blanketed in snow and food is scarce. The carefree chirping of sparrows reproaches me when, amidst troubles and tribulations, the song of praise falls silent in my heart. Let me learn peace from them, to be content in every situation, and to sing always.

The psalmist, hearing the song of the birds, made the right decision: "I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." (Psalm 104:33). He did not say, "I'll sing as long as I'm happy, as long as I'm healthy, as long as I don't have problems and worries..." but rather, "I will sing to the LORD as long as I live."

As I live, I look to the birds, my "teachers of singing," and resolve: "I will sing to the Lord all my life..."

From my diary,

May 26,  2024

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий