воскресенье, 21 июля 2024 г.

Yes, Lord: Understanding God's Word

Jesus said to them, “Have you understood all these things?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” — Matthew 13:51
Today, as I read Matthew 13:51, a question lingered in my mind: "Have I truly understood?" Blessed are the disciples who could confidently answer "Yes, Lord" to Jesus' inquiry. They understood because the Lord personally explained it to them. It was not men, but the Lord who opened their minds to understand, and it was the Lord who predestined them to understand His teachings. Anyone who understands what Jesus says has no reason to boast, for it is not through their own wisdom. Instead, they will be thankful and humble. If they have understood, they will apply it in their lives, rejoice, and seek more understanding from God's Word. There is no one who sincerely wants to understand whom Jesus will not help.
Let me open the Bible with the desire to understand the Word of God and not close it until I understand what will bring me closer to Him, what will renew my mind, and purify my heart and life. And when Jesus asks me, “Have you understood all these things?” I want to be able to give the disciples' answer every time: "Yes, Lord." If I have understood, let me realize that it was not by my own wisdom, but that the Spirit of God enlightened my eyes to see the wonders of His Word.
So, with gratitude, with humility, and with a desire to know more, I will practice what I have understood.

From my diary,

July 21,   2024

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий