среда, 15 ноября 2023 г.

Decision into Action: Following the Prodigal Son's Example


 "‘I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” And he arose and came to his father…’’ (Luke 15:18-20)

The prodigal son made the right decision: ‘’I will arise and go to my father,’’ and he carried out his decision: he arose and went to his father. He didn't delay his return; he didn't say, "If I don't find a good job, maybe one day I will return to my father." He decided and immediately left.
He didn't consider staying a little longer in the place where he was, as there was nothing pleasant for him there: feeding the swine and starving. When a person is unhappy with their current situation after leaving God, they will decide to return to God and immediately act upon that decision.
Making the right decision isn't enough; it's necessary to implement that decision. Here is a right decision for me: to pray more, to become more disciplined. But it will be of no use if my decision remains just a decision and doesn't turn into action.
From my diary,

November 15  2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий