четверг, 23 ноября 2023 г.

Listening Beyond the Melody: The Call to Follow God's Word

"Indeed, you are to them as a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voie and can play well on an instrument; for they hear your words, but they do not do them." - Ezekiel 33:32

These are awakening and fear-inducing words. A sermon might please someone like a lovely,  melodious song, yet they may not heed the Word of God conveyed within the sermon. It is possible to admire the wise thoughts in the sermon, the beautiful presentation, the persuasive eloquence, to approve of every word, to enjoy  listening  to the Word, but failing to act upon it. The people of Israel delighted in hearing Ezekiel but disregarded obedience to God's Word. If I read the Word of God with delight, if I enjoy  listening to the sermon in church, but if I do not apply everything I learned while listening to the sermon or reading the Bible, I will be like the people to whom Ezekiel's message was like a  lovely song, but they did not obey God's Word.

Lord, grant me the willingness to obey Your Word with the same fervor with which I listen.

From my diary,

November 23,  2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий