четверг, 9 ноября 2023 г.

Learning about God in Psalm 119: God is our Comforter


 "Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, According to Your word to Your servant." - Psalm 119:76

"This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life." - Psalm 119:50
In the past three meditations, I observed that the psalmist did not seek any other teacher, guide, or refuge than God. Today, in these verses, I see that he did not search for another comforter. He understands that the true Comforter is God. God's merciful kindness and life-giving Word is his comfort.
God's Word is replete with precious promises that provide us with comfort. His Word narrates His great works, His care, His wisdom, His strength, and His mercy, all of which comfort us.
With such an incomparable Comforter, knowing that comfort is promised in His Word and granted to us by His mercy, why should we seek comfort elsewhere?

Topical meditation 2023

November 9

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий