вторник, 21 ноября 2023 г.

The Faithful Promise: Receiving and Rejoicing in Prayer







"Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." – John 16:24
How often have I read these words: "Ask, and you will receive"? Countless times. How many times have I obeyed the commandment written in this verse: "Ask" and got the promise: "You will receive "? Again, countless times. Yet, why do worries and anxieties overwhelm me in times of trouble and need? However, one thing had to be done: to ask Him who promised, "You will receive." Instead of staying awake at night because of worry, I should stay awake because of prayer. Instead of thinking about problems, I should tell them to Jesus. Instead of complicating everything, I should do the simplest thing: pray.
Our Lord didn't confine specific hours for listening to our petitions; He didn't prescribe, "From this hour to that, you can present your requests."
I will ask because He who commanded: "Ask" and He who promised: "You will receive" is generous and wants to give what I ask. He is faithful, has always fulfilled His promises, is Omniscient, He is my Lord, He loves me, and wants my joy to be full.

                                                                                                                          From my diary,

November 21, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий