понедельник, 8 января 2024 г.

Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119: For I have kept Your testimonies


This week, I want to meditate on the verses from my favorite psalm in which the psalmist prays, indicating the reasoning behind his requests to God by stating what he does, what he has done, repeatedly using the words "for I…"
Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119
Day 1
"Remove from me reproach and contempt, for I have kept Your testimonies." - Psalm 119:22
God's Word emphasizes that a good name is to be chosen rather than great riches (Proverbs 22:1) and is better than fine perfume (Ecclesiastes 7:1). Therefore, it is reasonablel that the psalmist desires God to remove the reproach from him. The slandered psalmist doesn't attempt to dispel it himself or justify himself, but instead entrusts this concern to God. Moreover, he presents a compelling argument for making this request to God: "for I have kept Your testimonies."
In the following verse, he mentions that princes speak against him, yet he chooses to meditate on the statutes of the Lord. He doesn't contemplate revenge but meditates on the statutes of the Lord. He asks God to keep his good name because he has faithfully kept God's testimonies. This serves as a perfect argument for his prayer.

Topical meditation 2024

January 8

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий