суббота, 13 января 2024 г.

Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119: For I do not forget Your law

"Consider my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget Your law." - Psalm 119:153
"I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments." - Psalm 119:176
The psalmist is afflicted, and he shares his affliction not with anyone else but with God. He needs deliverance and knows whom to turn to. He confesses that he has gone astray like a lost sheep and asks the Lord to search for him, to find him. And for these prayers, he has the same argument: "For I do not forget Your law, Your commandments."
He may have forgotten many things in his affliction, but not God's law. He knows that the Lord will not forget his affliction because he has not forgotten the law of the Lord. Although he had gone astray like a lost sheep, his heart had not forgotten God's commandments. He couldn't find his way back on his own, but he knew God could find him.
Every person who loves the Word of God, has been delighted by His Word, has been born again and renewed by the Word of God, no matter how weak their memory is, will not forget the Word of God written in their hearts. One does not forget what one loves most.
Neither affliction nor one's own sins can erase the Word written in the heart, and every child of God, no matter how bad their condition, can say, like the psalmist: "For I do not forget Your law, Your commandments."

Topical meditation 2024

January 13

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий