вторник, 23 января 2024 г.

More reasons to pray than reasons to lose heart


 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart. (Luke 18:1)

An important reminder for me is to pray all the time without losing heart. There may be many reasons for losing heart: late answers to prayer, worldly cares, and spiritual weakness. When the heart is not engaged in prayer, it can seem like a burden. However, there are more reasons to pray always than reasons to lose heart.
A child of God always has a topic for prayer because a child always has a topic for conversation with his father. The Lord loves to hear our prayers; our enemy tries to keep us away from prayer, and the weakness of the flesh hinders us. The Spirit of God helps us to pray.
So, if I have someone who listens to my prayer, why should I listen to someone who wants to keep me away from prayer? If I have a helper in prayer, why should a hinderer discourage me? If the throne of grace is still open, why should I not hasten to receive the things that are promised to me? And why should I make my enemy happy with my lack of prayer?
If I find commandments in the Bible every day, then I have a prayer topic: I must pray so that I can obey God's commandments. If I find promises in the Bible every day, then I have a prayer topic: I must pray to receive those promises. If I meet people with a spirit of prayer in the Bible or in my life, then I have a prayer topic: I must pray to become a prayer warrior like them.
May I learn this lesson perfectly, become a prayer warrior, pray all the time, and not lose heart.

From my diary,

January 23,  2024 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий