пятница, 12 января 2024 г.

Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119: For I have sought Your precepts


 "I am Yours, save me; for I have sought Your precepts." - Psalm 119:94

The psalmist prays, "Save me," and has a compelling argument for expecting salvation: "I am Yours." Those who belong to God can expect salvation from Him. The one who belongs to the Lord understands the need for salvation, recognizing that only God can save him, which is why he calls upon Him with confidence, knowing that the Lord will surely save the one who belongs to Him. We can pray: "Save me, for I am Yours. You created me, redeemed me, chose me, and accepted me into Your family."
The evidence that the psalmist belongs to Him is this: "For I have sought Your precepts." A hypocrite will not seek the precepts of God. Although a hypocrite may know God's precepts, they will not seek them. The seeker of the precepts longs for the Word of God, strives to fulfill God’s commandments, meditates on the commandments of God, finds joy in them, and keeps them in their heart.
If one seeks the precepts of God, then God has initiated a work in them, and God always completes His work.

Topical meditation 2024

January 12

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий