вторник, 9 января 2024 г.

Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119: for I delight in Your commandments

 


"Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it." (Psalm 119:35)
This prayer can be offered by every person sincerely desiring to walk in the path of God's commandments but finds it challenging. They delight in this path but realize they cannot navigate it alone; hence, they turn to Him who can make them walk in that path.
"For I delight in it." This statement serves as a compelling reason for this prayer. We can request that our feet be directed toward God's Word because our hearts are already aligned with it. Where did the delight in God's Word originate within the psalmist's heart? From heaven! No one can find delight in God's Word unless the Lord has implanted it within their heart. Therefore, if the Lord has instilled delight for His Word within our hearts, He will also provide the strength and guidance to walk in the path of His Word.
Lord, like the psalmist, I come with this reasoning as I offer this prayer. You have instilled within my heart a longing, delight, and love for Your Word. And because You never leave Your work unfinished, I trust that You will also assist me in walking in the path of Your commandments.

Topical meditation 2024

January 9

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий