среда, 10 января 2024 г.

Prayers with 'For I' Declarations in Psalm 119: For I trust in Your Word


 "Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD— Your salvation according to Your word. So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I have hoped in Your ordinances." (Psalm 119:41-43)

In verse 22, the psalmist had asked God to remove his reproach because he had kept His testimonies. Now, he pleads for mercy to answer the one who reproaches him, and again, he presents a convincing argument: "I trust in Your Word." He places trust in God's Word rather than relying on his own understanding or wisdom. He acknowledges that he cannot give the right answer without the Word that contains the answers to everything. Having hope in God's ordinances enables him to pray that His Word will not depart from his mouth. If he had placed his trust in something or someone else, he would not have been able to make such a prayer. His trust in God's Word in his heart allows him to request that the Word also be in his mouth.
He understands that God will not withhold His Word from those who trust in it. Any person who places trust in God's Word can pray with assurance with these arguments, just like the psalmist did.

Topical meditation 2024

January 10

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий