суббота, 6 января 2024 г.

The Sanctified Sing: Reverence for His Holy Name


 "Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name." - Psalm 30:4

At the beginning of the psalm, David praises the Lord by mentioning His works: "You have lifted me up, You have kept me alive, You healed me, You have not let my foes rejoice over me..."
These blessings are received by many, yet not everyone shows gratitude to the Lord and accepts them as mercies for which they should be thankful. Many take them for granted, assuming they are entitled to these blessings. However, those who acknowledge they don't deserve these blessings have a humble and grateful heart.
David doesn't praise the Lord alone; he invites the saints to join in singing. The sanctified marvel at God's holiness and glorify it. Others cannot sing of holiness. Hence, David invites the saints to sing a song of praise at the remembrance of His holy name.

From my diary,

January 6,  2024 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий