вторник, 25 июня 2024 г.

A foolish request, an answered prayer


 "Come; for all things are now ready." - Luke 14:17

"I pray thee have me excused." - Luke 14:18
It is sad that some reject this wonderful invitation. They receive the invitation to a great supper and say, "I pray thee have me excused."
There couldn't be a more foolish request. Those who reject God's invitation not only show disrespect to Him who prepared the great feast but also do themselves a disservice, revealing their own folly.
"I pray thee have me excused." How terrible it is to say those words to God and receive a positive answer! Those who utter these words do not realize what an honor it is to be invited to the feast of the King of Kings, and how foolish it is to refuse such an invitation.
"I pray thee have me excused." Woe to those who say this prayer! Unfortunately, it is a prayer that gets answered. If they understood what they were rejecting, they would not have said those words.
Those invited to the king's feast do not need to bring anything to the table or pay; they only need to accept the invitation and come.

From my diary,

June 25,  2024


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий