понедельник, 3 июня 2024 г.

Psalmist’s Resolutions in Psalm 119: I Will Meditate…


 "I will meditate on Your precepts and contemplate Your ways." (Psalm 119:15)

"My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on Your statutes." (Psalm 119:48)

"Let the proud be ashamed, for they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; but I will meditate on Your precepts." (Psalm 119:78)

In Psalm 1, the psalmist considers blessed the one who meditates on the Word of God day and night. Here, he resolves to be one of those blessed ones by meditating on God's statutes. He loves God's Word, and naturally, one meditates on what one loves. Therefore, it is only fitting for a psalmist who loves God's Word to meditate on it.

When wronged by the proud, he does not contemplate revenge or repay them in kind; instead, he chooses to reflect on God's precepts. He refuses to let negative thoughts consume his mind, opting instead to fill it with meditation on what he loves.

The psalmist's resolution is my resolution: I will meditate on Your statutes and Your precepts.

Topical meditation 2024

June 3

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий