суббота, 22 июня 2024 г.

Howls of the wicked, hymns of the righteous

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; And I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold And a refuge in the day of my distress." - Psalm 59:16
The psalmist first describes his enemies: the wicked, howling like dogs, wandering, growling, and lying in wait for him. Despite this, he declares his intention to praise God's power and sing joyfully of His lovingkindness. His actions are the exact opposite of the works of the wicked. They howl, but he sings for joy; they grumble, but he praises the Lord. They lie in wait for him, but he waits for the Lord. Their tongues wield swords, but his tongue offers praise. They wander, but he rests in his safe refuge.
God will laugh at the wicked (verse 8) , but He protects David.

From my diary,

June 22,  2024

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий