суббота, 17 июня 2023 г.

Abide with me

 “Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.” And He went in to stay with them. Luke 24:29

The disciples who went to Emmaus did not recognize Jesus at first, for them He was a person who was in Jerusalem but was unaware of recent events, then they found out that He was a person well-versed in the Holy Scriptures, and only after receiving the bread from Jesus' hand did they know who He was; the risen Lord!
They constrained Jesus to stay with them and He agreed. Those who love the Word of God love the presence of Jesus. Their hearts had burned within them when He talked with them on the road, therefore their hearts did not want to lose His presence.
Lord, my heart also burns within me when I listen to Your Word. That is why I am asking You the same; ‘’Abide with me!’’

From my diary,

June 17, 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий