понедельник, 3 июля 2023 г.

The sin of prayerlessness



Day one

God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way. 1 Samuel 12:23
“Yet you have not called on Me, O Jacob; But you have become weary of Me, O Israel. Isaiah 43:22
There is no one who calls on Your name, who arouses himself to take hold of You… Isaiah 64:7
I love a quote by Arthur Pink about prayerlessness: ‘’A prayerless Christian is a contradiction in terms. Just as a still-born child is a dead one, so a professing believer who does not pray is devoid of spiritual life. ‘’
Bible tells us that prayerlessness is sin. I need to remember this in order to have a better prayer life.
There is someone who does not want me to pray and is doing everything to hinder my prayer. It is my enemy, the devil. There is One who waits for my prayer and wants to answer it, it is my Lord, my Savior. If I do not pray, I make my enemy happy and I grieve my Lord. This fact alone is enough to make me want to have a better prayer life and fight the sin of prayerlessness.
To not pray is to be weary of God. It's a terrible thing.

Topical meditation 2023

July 3


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий