суббота, 14 октября 2023 г.

God’s Comforts in My Anxieties: The Comfort from His Word and Promises


 "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." - Psalm 94:19

6. The Comfort from His Word and Promises
Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction. Psalm 119:92
This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. Psalm 119:50
Anxieties can come from different directions, but every word of God brings comfort in various situations.
My unfulfilled desires will not concern me if I remember that God will grant the desires of my heart if I delight in Him. I will not worry about my works if I remember that He has promised to complete His good work that He started in me. If my lack of faith worries me, I will remember that hearing God's Word produces faith. If I am weary, let me remember that He has promised rest to all who are weary and burdened and who come to Him. If my sins bring me anxieties, I will remember that He has promised to forgive them and never remember them. When all kinds of anxieties come, God's Word gives me all kinds of comfort.
The greatest comfort comes from the promise of Jesus' return. "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who remain, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

Topical meditation 2023

October 14

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий