понедельник, 30 октября 2023 г.

In Search of Home: A Sojourner's Prayer for God's Word

’’I am a stranger in the earth: hide not Thy commandments from me.’’ ( Psalm 119:19)
’’I am a sojourner in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. ’’( Psalm 119:19)
The psalmist is a stanger, a sojourner in the earth, he has no permanent home on earth, so he asks for God's permanent, enduring Word. Because he is a sojourner, he started his journey toward home; how can he see the way home without the light of God's Word? Where will he get the strength to walk the narrow path without the power of God's Word?
The sojourner needs guidance, roadbook, strength and light; he needs God's Word.
His top priority as a sojourner is the Kingdom of God, and that's why he seeks the rules of that Kingdom, the commandments of God.
From my diary,

October 30,  2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий