вторник, 19 декабря 2023 г.

He is God, not a man!



 

"I will not execute the fierceness of Mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee…" – Hosea 11:9.

Although Israel, like all of us, deserved God's wrath, He decided not to execute the fierceness of His anger and stated the reason for doing so: "Because I am God, and not man."

If He were a man, He would not have given us the opportunity to repent of sin. He would not have removed our sins as far as the east is from the west. He would not have forgiven our sins. He would not have helped us to overcome them. If He acted like a man, we would not have salvation.

But He is God; therefore, His mercy is amazing and indescribable.

He is God; therefore, He does not cast out the sinner who comes to Him.

He is God; that's why He likes to show mercy and forgive.

 He is God; that's why He will not always chide: neither will He keep His anger forever.

He is God; therefore, He not only sees my sins but also my struggle against sins, my desire for holiness.

 He is God; therefore, He answers the prayers of an unworthy person like me.

He is God; therefore, He is faithful to His promises.

He is God; therefore, I will worship Him with all my heart,  I will  appreciate His great mercy, obey His Word.

 I will  not grieve Him; I will not despair in the spiritual battle,  but relying on Him, I will continue to fight against sin and, receiving strength from Him, I will win.

 From my diary,

December 19 2023

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий