пятница, 29 декабря 2023 г.

Seeking God's face

"I have sought Your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise." - Psalm 119:58
God's presence is precious to the psalmist; otherwise, he wouldn't seek it with all his heart. He searches with all his heart, indicating its supreme value to him. He finds nothing better to ask for than God's presence. It's an unwavering desire for him; he will not settle for not having it.
He understands that what he receives is solely due to God's grace, not because he deserves it. He seeks only what is promised in God's Word, not what he has in his imagination. Every promise of God becomes a subject of his prayer.
When I pray for something found in God's Word and carry the desire in my heart to receive it, I will assuredly obtain it.

From my diary,

December 29, 2023

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий